Wednesday, December 26, 2007

this may have been my most favorite christmas ever.

playing rockband until 6 a.m. with my brothers might be the most fun i have had in a long long time. if i had a little more sense while drunk, not only would i be missing one million stories from my life, but i would have also remembered to use my awesome new camera. it would have served as my memory for the night. there was a lot of standing on furniture and sincere vocals from me, furious drumming from rich, and band managing and guitar shredding skills from paul.

rich attempted sleep maybe around 2 and later emerged from the guest room at 6 to find paul and i still rip roaring drunk and "touring." the only reason we stopped playing was because we had to drive to my sisters house. we needed to make it there by 7 a.m. to watch my nieces find their gifts from santa man.

"colby we gotta go to kellys, its light outside!" rich said. i guess i then gave paul a look of confusion and fear, like i wanted him to protect me from having to leave the game or something. instead of getting my stuff together and getting into the car, i climbed into bed. "what are you doing dude?" i sat up and saw rich and paul staring at me like i was nuts. i then gazed into my lap and started saying, "oh this is not good...this is not good at all." when we got to my sisters paul and i were both still totally wasted. i barely remember opening my gifts. man, what a solid christmas.

i seriously couldnt ask for a more thoughtful, smart, and hilarious group of people to share blood with. i am really lucky.

No comments: